Art of Qi Fitness – Terms and Conditions
All services: personal training, partner training, small group training, tai chi, qigong, holistic therapies
These terms and conditions will apply to anyone booking training or treatments with Paul Underwood through the website, email or by phone. Instructions by a client to commence training or any other service I provide will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Your trainer/instructor/therapist is fully qualified and will use his skills and knowledge to provide a safe programme of service that will take into account your lifestyle, personal goals, fitness level and medical history. You understand that the results of any tuition programme cannot be guaranteed. Your progress depends on your effort and commitment in and outside of sessions.
- Health Screening – All clients must complete a health questionnaire commencing any exercise programme. Your instructor may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP depending on your health status. (Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter).
- If your instructor misses your session without at least 24 hours notice you will be credited with an additional session on top of the missed session.
You are required to complete a PAR-Q health screening form before commencing your first session and must inform the trainer of any medical condition, injury or illness that may affect your ability to partake in physical activity. You are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Clothes should be loose fitting and non-restrictive. If footwear is worn it should be comfortable and provide adequate support. Your trainer cannot be held liable in any way for any undeclared or unknown medical conditions. If your instructor requires further medical information from your GP, this must be provided. You understand that the instructor is not able to provide medical advice beyond health guidelines. You understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a physical activity programme. If you sustain or claim to sustain an injury whilst participating in training, you acknowledge that the instructor is in no way responsible, except where the injury was caused by their gross negligence or intentional act.
- Payment for block bookings/terms must be made in full before the first session. Accepted payment methods are cash, bank transfer or Paypal. Block bookings must be paid for in advance but sessions do not have to be scheduled at the time of booking.
- PT Packages – a full refund will be given if a PT Package booking purchase is cancelled 24hrs prior to participating in any of the sessions. No refunds will be issued once training has commenced. PT Packages are non-transferable and must be used within the individual product’s length of validity as indicated at time of purchase.
- 24 hours notice is required for cancellation of sessions. Notice of less than 24 hours will incur full payment of the session fee. Unforeseen events will be taken into consideration at the instructors discretion. At the instructors discretion, it may be possible to rearrange the session within the same week.
If you are late to a session it cannot be guaranteed that the session will be extended beyond the planned finish time. If the instructor is late to a session, additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions.
Health and Safety
The instructor is responsible for ensuring the training area is suitable. If sessions are conducted on your premises, you are responsible for providing a safe exercise environment. The instructor has at least £1million public liability insurance cover.
- Any marketing, educational or other materials including programmes and nutritional services material made available to you will at all times remain the property of the trainer and is subject to copyright. You undertake to use such materials only for your own personal development and not to copy, publish or reproduce any such materials
- This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, the instructor does not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from the instructor’s negligence or willful default, or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The instructor does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed packages and services. The instructor will do their best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
The instructor does not accept any liability whatsoever for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of services purchased from the trainer or any other damage howsoever caused. The trainer is not liable for loss or damage to your property. The instructor is not liable if you ignore their recommendation, at any time, to seek medical advice.